Meditation as a word has a special charm, something like an exotic inner journey and is popular in the New Age as a method that can reduce the stress and tension of modern life, getting rid of physical and psychological problems!
Meditation due to the effect it has on the human body is characterized by some important changes and improvements on many levels. Many years of research by Richard Davidson, director of the University of Madison’s Neurology Laboratory, and Jon Kabat-Zinn, a professor of medicine at the University of Massachusetts, have shown that Meditation activates an area of the brain associated with positive emotions.
Long-term physiological changes
- A lower rate stabilizes in both heart muscle and respiration.
- There is less mental – emotional stress.
- Strengthens the immune system and a positive attitude towards life.
- The ability to perceive and motor performance increases.
- Increases the development index of intelligence,
- Increases memory, adaptability, communication, self-esteem.
- Reduction of addictions to harmful substances.
- Improving health in general.
- Increase performance in athletes and much more.
The Meditation process is done by focusing attention, not thoughts. It is also called training of the spirit.
There are many types of Meditation. The important thing is to choose some simple and understandable ways in the beginning. The role of slow deep breathing is very important. Meditation helps in physical relaxation, in mental clarity, in emotional calm. Ten minutes of meditation daily brings many changes in our lives!
Graduate of Physical Education – Physiotherapy
ThetaHealing Therapist, Certified Master of Science Instructor from ThetaHealing Institute of Knowledge (Think) America